FootJoy Traditions Golf Shoe Review
On the back of the successful release of the Premiere series, Footjoy has also released the competitively priced Traditions range. Which from first glance look awesome.
The well-styled classic-looking leather traditional golf shoe does hit the spot, if you are looking for that classic looking traditional golf shoe.
We all like the new trainer style golf shoes which have been hitting our fairways over the past few years, but it is nice to raise your game and step on the tee with a classic looking FootJoy golf shoe, that not only looks amazing but is packed with technology.
These Footjoy Tradition golf shoes are not spikeless, if a spikeless golf shoe is what you want you need to try out the Footjoy Pro SL.
- FASHIONABLE LEATHER - This fashionable full grain leather offers outstanding waterproof comfort, breathability, and durability.
- CUSHIONED - The lightweight Molded Fit-Bed insole provides extreme underfoot comfort and heel support. The Fit-Bed insole ensures underfoot cushioning and support.
- WATERPROOF - FootJoy warrants that this golf shoe will be waterproof in normal use for one year (U.S. Warranty).
- LASER STREET FIT - Offers a full rounded toe character with a standard fit across the forefoot and instep. A slightly narrow heel with a refined toe shape completes the classic profile.
- TURF GRIPPING ADVANTAGE - Pulsar cleats by Softspikes are the #1 selling cleat in golf and the overwhelming choice of touring professionals worldwide. The Pulsar cleats feature all the same turf grip and walking comfort advantages of Black Widow plus the additions of radiused legs for extra durability and cleat webbing for easier cleaning.
Design and Look - Footjoy Traditions
On the bottom of the Footjoy Traditions sole, they have the Pulsar spiked cleats for full traction grip and stability, when you are hitting your golf shots, it may not be the full Versa Trax +, which has been introduced on the Premiere series, with their 360 degrees of grip for complete traction, but I have had enough golf shoes with these pulsar soft spikes and not slipped in the past.
When you compare them to the Premiere series the Traditions are a lot lighter and you can bend the shoe more easily in the hand. They are clearly not as solid as the Premiere series, but I have been happy with them.
The sole is a type of rubber that is also different from the Premiere series, the midsole feels like it is made from a new type of super-cushioned foam, a bit similar to the foam used by Adidas on the 360 XT Tour.
The Traditions are solid even though they do not seem as robust as the more expensive Premiere Series cousin, I do like them.
The collar on the shoe is very soft and provides maximum comfort internally, they have a moulded bed cushioning which will give your feet a nice arch support and create stability through the golf swing and impact.
I feel Footjoy have hit this one out of the park and been very clever indeed, not only are they constantly the most worn golf shoe on the professional golf tours, but they keep evolving.
When you put the shoe on, it is very comfortable, and surprisingly lightweight and after wearing this classic golf shoe for a few rounds I can confirm that I have not had any rubbing and they been very comfortable to wear.
Footjoy seem to have upped their game when it comes to stitching I noticed it to a greater extent on the Tarlow in the Footjoy Premiere series, but they have highlighted the look and it does seem quite delicious.
The only real negative for me with this Footjoy shoe is I do not like the Black colorway which is surprising but it looks a little dull for me, a bit suede looking. That is just my personal preference.
Are Footjoy Traditions Waterproof?
They have been a pleasure to wear, and with the full 100% waterproof warranty you have confidence that they will not let you down.
Footjoy has included a 12-month waterproof warranty on these, but from my experience, the waterproofing usually lasts a lot longer than a year.
Colorways Available for the Footjoy Traditions
Footjoy has released four different colors in this range
- White / Navy
- White / Brown
My favourites are the classics looking white, and the white and navy.
These new golf shoes are right up my street, I like the various colorways (except the black) I love the traditional looks and the outstanding comfort and how lightweight they are with nice cushioning.
The price point is bang on the money for me, I think they will sell a lot of this range.
Well done Footjoy, I love the traditions and the traditional styling.